DHS To Announce DREAMer Policy Today!!!
The Department of Homeland Security will officially and formally announce this morning that it will offer deferred action to DREAMers. The preliminary indication is that for eligibility an applicant must be:
- 15-30 years of age, and have came to the U.S. before age 16 and,
- must have been present in the U.S. for five years as of June 15, 2012, and
- must have maintained continuous residence, and
- must have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes, and
- must be currently enrolled in high school, graduated or have a GED, or have enlisted in the military
The deferred action offer will most likely be available to those currently in proceedings as well as to those who apply affirmatively. The White House is expected to make a formal and official announcement this afternoon at 1:15.
While there is some question as to exactly who this applies to, it is plainly obvious that we must be in an election year…….
The new deferred action is proposed to take place within 60 days.
June 15, 2012 Categories: Immigration